For your Peace of Mind – Text Alert Fraud Prevention
Sign up for our new smsGuardian™ service and you’ll receive text messages regarding activity on your debit cards. If you receive a text about a transaction that you think is fraudulent, you can reply immediately and your card will be blocked from further criminal activity. If you receive this message and you know the purchase is legitimate, you don’t need to do anything.
Give sms Guardian a try. You can enroll any of your Bank of the Panhandle Debit cards in this service. You may choose to receive text alerts on any device up to five different devices per card. Visit our enrollment Web Site to register.
Here is an example of what the service looks like in action. You might receive a text message similar to this:
BOP Guardian Alert on card XXXX1 at XYZ Store2 for $500.003.
Reply AA1234NO if unauthorized. Reply STOP to cancel alerts.
1This will be the last four digits of your card number
2This will be the name of the merchant
3This will be the purchase amount
If you receive this message and you know the purchase is legitimate, you don’t need to do anything. If you think that it’s fraud, you reply as instructed in the text message and your card will be blocked. You will then need to contact BOP to get a new card issued. You can choose to cancel this service at any time by replying STOP to any of the text alerts or by visiting the Web Site
A few details –
- Message and Data Rates May Apply
- Enrollments will be good for a period of one year. You will be notified prior to expiration of your Guardian account and may text a reply to renew.
- Changing your mobile service provider may require you to re-enroll your mobile device.
- The cell phone or mobile device must have the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of “short codes” must not be blocked.
- To enroll all you need is the 16 digit card number, the last 4 of your SSN, and the phone number of the device(s) you want to receive the text alerts.
As a reminder the triggers which may result in a text are:
- All International Transactions
- Any Transaction Greater Than $100
- 4 or More Transactions Within a 24 Hour Period
- All Declined Transactions